Museums and Battlefields
: Navy Museums
Last updated November, 2012
- Massachusetts home of the Big Mamie, the American battleship USS Massachusetts and other warships.
Hampton Roads Naval Museum
- Official U.S. Navy site (DOD).
- Newport News, Virginia.
Navy Museum, The
- Run by the U.S. Navy Historical Center.
Submarine Force Museum
- Home of the USS Nautilus.
United States Naval & Shipbuilding Museum
- A large site with impressive "background" resources including on-line versions of the Dictionary of American Fighting Ships and pages dedicated to ships of the world's navies! On board USS Salem.
USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park
USS Constitution Museum
- Boston, Massachusetts
USS Lexington Museum
- Corpus Christi, Texas.
USS Midway Museum
- San Diego, California.
Australian National Maritime Museum, The
Commemoration Ship Mikasa
- Official website for the pre-dreadnought IJN Mikasa and museum.
Portsmouth Historic Dockyards
- Living museums including the HMS Mary Rose, HMS Victory and HMS Warrior, all at the Portsmouth Navy Yard, United Kingdom.
Musée National de la Marine
- France's premier naval museum, always worth a visit.
National Maritime Museum
- Greenwich, UK. Including events and exhibitions at the Museum's main galleries, the Queen's House and the Old Royal Observatory.
Vasa Museum, The
- Stockholm, Sweden
Copyright © 1996-2003 by The War Times Journal at
. All rights reserved.